NSEP's wiki for healthcare workflow descriptions
This is a wiki for collaborative editing and sharing of descriptions of clinical workflow in healthcare.
Descriptions of health care activities as components in cross-institutional workflow processes has the potential to improve the understanding of care as a continous, interdependent, highly coordinated set of activities. In the context of EHR systems development, descriptions of healthcare workflow can be used to support functional demands and as such, improve EHR functionality and clinical usefulness. Workflow descriptions can also be used in the context of EHR evaluations.
Clinical workflow models must visualize the flow of and actions on the following objects:
- the care mandate, how the right to provide care to the patient flows between institutions and is delegated within institutíons
- the physical patient, his flow between different health care professionals within and across the borders of health care organisations
- biological samples, which are drawn from the patient and analyzed in laboratories
- the information that arises from analyses of biological samples,
- the information objects resulting from MRI, X-ray and other imaging analyses,
- the information which is created when health care professionals interview and examine patients, make diagnoses, create, execute and evaluate care plans
How to participate
Wiki for workflow descriptions in Norwegian